Sunday, June 21, 2009

Week 8 (Sunday)

We picked up Andy and Jeremy for service this morning. Both sober and very happy to see us, as we were equally happy to see them at our meeting spot. I really feel for these guys!!!!

After service, I took them to the gym. Andy was ecstatic to be back in the gym scene, getting his work-out on. Jeremy relaxed in the jacuzzi most of the time. Afterwards they were blessed with the opportunity to take hot showers and wash up. They spoke about their desire to participate in the upcoming Festival Of Life. I can see that they genuinely have a hunger for The LORD and are willing to do whatever they can to become a blessing for others.

The biggest obstical they face on a daily basis is the lack of employment. Andy has run into no luck with the jobsearch since moving to San Diego. If only he could find a job... it would get him back on his feet and lift his spirits tremendously. I prayed with them and did my best to encourage Andy. I shared the verse (Matthew 19:26) "With GOD all things are possible!" My number was given out as a contact number for employment inquiries for them.

We just dropped them off and let them know that I'll be in PB picking up Steven for C&V in case they so desired to come along. As the day progressed, I noticed them starting to shake from alcohol withdrawls and it occured to me that they chose to remain sober in order to come to church. Hallelujah!!! I can only imagine how hard it must be to keep themselves from having a drink ALL DAY, just to come hear the Word at 7pm. May The LORD fill them with a joyful spirit and a sobering mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment