Sunday, August 2, 2009

Week 14 (Saturday)

Chicago was sitting on the boardwalk wall when I came to get him. He was full of enthusiasm so early in the morning, anxious to help with chair set up. He had lots of interesting stories to tell throughout the morning, which made the time fly.

He explained how it was that he came to fall back off the wagon. He made it clear to me that he was only sticking to beer this time though. I kept tossing scripture his way, trusting that GOD's word would sink in. It breaks my heart to see the lives and hear the personal stories of these men & women who have no hope. I strongly feel it is my duty to share with them that there is hope in Jesus Christ.

We left the campus at 10am to help Randy with some moving. Chicago had plenty to say on our road trip. He reminds me of an uncle I have. I foresee he and I being friends for the rest of our lives.

As I dropped him off, I did my best to persue him to church the following morning. He promised that he'd join us next week, but had to pass this time. He needed to go "canning" for his daily income. We parted ways with a half hug/half tight gripped hand shake, and promised to meet up for dinner on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment