Monday, April 12, 2010

Answered prayers! (April 9, 2010)

Amanda and I were away this week. It had been planned long ago, and to be honest we were worried what would happen while we were gone. Would we find anybody to help out? Would we find anyone to cook the meal? Would we this or would we that..... so we prayed and prayed and prayed some more.

How silly we are to sometime forget who our Father is! GOD is always faithful, and I believe that as long as we're in His will, He'll take care of the small things.

All of the necessary food was taken care of... and then some! The food was purchased, then cooked by volunteers, picked up by other volunteers, and served. It also just so happens that my friend, Rob has a truck, so he was also able to pick up and transport the tables and cooler that wouldn't fit in a car. I can't help but give a heart felt thank you to all of those who helped out this week in our absence. It means so much to Amanda and I. For me, it's a reminder of what a family is supposed to be like and for that, I'm very grateful.

From what I've been told...
Joey shared from 1 Corinthians 15 to a group in the upper range of 80 hungry people.
There was just the right amount of food and nobody went away unfed.
There was some one-on-one interaction going on, witnessing with the men in love.
I'm unaware of all the people who came to serve, but I trust that GOD strategically placed them at the right place at the right time for the right person.

My encouragement is to trust GOD. As long as we're obedient and keep our focus on Him, there's nothing to worry about because our Creator gently handles His Creation, like a Potter with his clay.

GOD is good all the time, and all the time GOD is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment