Monday, June 14, 2010

Another week, another message... (Friday)

I apologize for the delay in this post. I try to make it a point to have everything written down almost immediately after, while it's still fresh, but it doesn't always work out so well.

Amanda and I got there a few minutes later than usual, and noticed our team already on the scene waiting patiently for us. In a smaller aspect, it was nice having the extra hands to help unload the truck, since we normally arrive before our team does, and we get the occasional help from some of the guys, but not always.

While things were getting set up, I went searching for a parking spot which took way too long (almost 20mins). The entire time I was trying to park, I kept thinking how the crowd may be growing impatient... and I started to dread the thought of sharing my message, making them wait even longer... nevertheless, I still shared. The message this week was on thankfulness, ultimately being thankful to GOD for everything, small or big in our lives.

We noticed some of our more fond friends were absent this week, and I wondered where they might be. All the supplies went quickly. The only incident this week was 2 of the guys started to get into an arguement and make a scene, but that was on the upper boardwalk and not in our immediate area. I did glance up and noticed the angry neighbor lady standing at her balcony on her phone. The guys squashed whatever it was between them and we ended up leaving the area with a peaceful vibe.

The most important request that we have is prayer support. One can never have too much prayer, and although we might not be in the Amazon jungle or in Iraq, we are on the front lines of a Spiritual Battle, face to face with the Enemy of GOD. Please remember us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment