Sunday, May 8, 2011

Praise be to The King!

Arrival this week was a blessing. As we pulled up, we were greeted by our friends who were waiting in a parking spot, that they'd held for us. It's the small things that really help us out. Our truck was unloaded in record timing!

After I'd shared the message, one of the guys gave me some criticizing feedback. It was good to hear what he had to say, because it showed me that he was actually paying attention to what was said in the first place. I appreciate the fact that he came up to me and shared what was on his heart.

There is still so much sadness down in PB. We are still seeing some of the same faces from when we first started this. A few have moved on, some have passed away, and then we're always confronted with another sea of new faces... as it was this week. The homeless population is only growing. I'll be the first to admit that I'm far from a "homeless advocate". That is not my passion, nor my job. I am only called to share the Hope that my friends and I possess... and that is only found through Jesus Christ The LORD. Yes these people need help, and yes it sometimes feels overwhelming to be asked repeatedly if I can help get this or do that.

I've discovered that there are plenty of people down there who have an excuse for everything. I've given suggestions and offered ways to help when I can and unfortunately the majority don't want it. This Ministry gets harder and harder each week. That being said... we who continue to endure this each week must continue to look to the Scriptures for our strength and guidance:

"If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn't love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God's secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn't love others, I would be nothing." (1 Cor 13:1,2)

"With all gentle and quiet behaviour, taking whatever comes, putting up with one another in love..." (Eph 4:2)

May GOD, the gracious and merciful Redeemer of our souls grant us the Love & Patience that He has for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment