Friday, May 27, 2011

Sweet Fruit...

There are times in one's life where you start to feel worn out, but that's just life. Our retreat get away couldn't have come at a better time for me. I was refreshed, encouraged, and blessed while absent from the Ministry.

I see now that it was in His plan, to give me the strength and compassion to see what would come this week. Being a holiday weekend, Amanda suggested we arrive early for the sake of parking, which we did... Even arriving at 4:30, I was surprised to see such a large crowd waiting for us! I could easily sit here and share of the discouraging events of the evening, but I won't. I'd love to share what Jesus did and how He was able to work through everything.

My good friend, Jason, blessed us with some sweet worship music. It was a real treat, as it was totally unexpected. Many people passing by stopped and listened, while a handful of those we serve, joined in the praise songs! A few people received prayer, at their personal request, in which all of us were more than happy to lift to the Lord.

Another surprise was our friend, Mark, who is such a gentle spirited guy came down and was able to spend good, quality time one-on-one with individuals as was needed. It was great to have him back for the time being.

One might look at our Ministry as a waste of time serving a group of ungrateful people, but when we see the results of those few that are starting to bear fruits in their lives, and we see the slow transformation.... it is so worth it!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.... this is surely a hard, difficult Ministry. It is ONLY by the grace of GOD and through His strength alone, that we are able to endure. Jesus never gave up on us, so we should we give up on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment