Friday, July 3, 2009

Week 9 (Thursday)

Bible study at Starbucks was interesting to say the least. I was running a bit behind schedule and showed up around 6:10pm. While driving down there, I was worried that maybe the guys would leave thinking I flaked on them. As soon as that thought was processed, my phone rings....
One of the guys called me asking if I was showing up. He told me 3 of them were waiting for the study. Awesome, right!!

I arrive with my notes and study guide for the book of John. The Spirit had other plans. Turns out one of the younger guys can't read. So I let them ask questions and I was able to give them Biblical answers backed up with scripture and analogies for them to relate to.

Towards the end, I had a sudden urge to ask about one of the regulars that hangs out. They said he was around the corner, so I went to see if I could find him. I didn't see who I was looking for, but I did find another regular that needed immediate medical attention. His girlfriend had broken up with him and he was tolding 2 empty prescription bottles. He was overdosing before my very eyes and he knew it too. He asked for help, I called 911 and the paramedics arrive 4 minutes later... so did the police. He was taken away and I knew that was a divine intervention and I probably saved that mans life.

I look forward to tonights feed!

No comments:

Post a Comment