Saturday, July 4, 2009

Week 10

Our home church, Horizon Christian Fellowship, was able to donate some care packages made by Dovetail Ministries. They consist of toothpaste, toothbrush, shaving razors, soap, shampoo, some had lotions and moisturizing creams but most importantly all came with a Bible tract. All of the people seeing these boxes on the table... it was almost like Christmas time when they received them and found out what was inside them.

Our team was blessed with more donations/contributions from the man in Vista. I personally appreciate his effort to help out this ministry because it's almost an hour drive just for him to even get to the beach.

We had tons of clothes available for the guys! They respectfully rumagged through the neatly folded stacks picking and choosing. I don't recall a single person leaving our area without finding something new to wear. This is exactly the direction I've been aiming for since the beginning of this ministry. I thank the Almighty Lord GOD for touching my heart and calling me to do something for these needy people.

The crowd is starting to rotate with new faces & new stories. Although last night some people from the very beginning showed back up and they seemed surprised to see us still around. I believe that alone speaks of consistancy, which they may never really see down there with so much hustle & bustle. There was alot of pain surrounding us last night. One of the men finally opened up to me because he feels as though now he can trust me having proved myself worthy after nearly 3 months. He allowed me to pray for him and I encouraged him to seek Jesus, our great Comforter.

Joey was able to answer certain questions by scripture. I'm greatful for his knowledge and thankful for our friendship & his heart. It's nice having Joey be part of this ministry. He's been bringing Men to his home church, The Rock for the past few weeks as well.

The highlight of my evening was running into Lee. He was the first man I was able to lead into Salvation 5 weeks ago. He told me how he's been praying to Jesus and how having Him in his heart has changed his lifestyle already. It's so amazing to witness firsthand! I shared with Lee the importance of fellowship and studying The Word together with The Body... I'll be meeting him on Sunday for church.

No comments:

Post a Comment