Monday, August 17, 2009

Week 16 (Saturday)

With the back up of Chicago, Jeremy, and Steven we were able to bless our Campus Service brethren with setting up for service. Things went smoothly, it was great. All was rather organized and friendly with each other. I had the opportunity to continually share scripture in conversations throughout our time in passing. In GOD's perfect timing, Charlie (campus service staff) walked into the room and was able to give his input which validated what was being said. I picked up on the golden moment... and so did Charlie as we both shared that Holy Spirit smile. It feels so good inside knowing that our simple acts of love and giving a hand for a few hours, really takes a load off of someone's back. This day opened my eyes to a whole new perspective... not only were we blessing the staff at Horizon, but also the home fellwoships who come in obediance. Now they too have extra time to fellowship with one another before they go on their seperate ways. It's encouraging to see 'the fruits spring forth' as my group gives back to GOD with whatever it is they do have. We were able to meet with the home fellowship that came to assist and talk about what's been going on.

After dropping Chicago & Steven back off, back on campus I was able to get Jeremy a well needed shower. One of the men from the home fellowship we had met earlier, said he had some clothes he could contribute to Jeremy.

Jeremy hung out with us the entire day. My heart knots with sorrow and pity as I drop these men off to sleep in a bush while we both know I'm on my way to a home and bed. It kills me! Having dropped Jeremy off a hour earlier, I couldn't handle it, so I came back out and picked him up to hang out. I showed him around town and went up to Mt. Soledad where we prayed together and I felt the presence of GOD among us as we talked. I stayed out until I could tell he was too tired to stay up any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment