Monday, August 17, 2009

Week 16 (Sunday)

As Jeremy and I pulled upin PB, we saw Chicago and Steven waiting on the wall. We said our good mornings as they enjoyed their hot coffees. I was happy to see Chicago and assumed that he was joining us for service this morning... he held an almost empty garbage bag containing maybe 3 or 4 aluminum cans. He sat and waited on the wall with Steven until I arrived, just to tell me face to face that he wasn't going to make it as he had promised because he needed to try and earn his income for the day. Talk about respect for one another! By 8am, for a homeless man, that's a good 4hrs wasted with a potential of $15 in collecting cans.

We arrived at church early enough to grab our regular seats. I went outside to meet with Amanda, who was still on her way, while the two sat inside. I ran into the brother who promised Jeremy some clothes and he blessed Jeremy with a nice backpack stuffed with all kinds of goodies. Jeremy was blown away later in the afternoon as he discovered how generous the Good Lord had been to him thru this kind man.

The message spoke to all of us. It was our home fellowships turn to assist in the cafe, so I informed Jeremy and Steven that they'd have to wait around until we were thru before I could take them back. Steve opted to walk back down to PB instead of waiting, so we walked to the vehicle so he could retrieve his belongings. He told me how deep the message hit home for him and how he's tired of living the street life. I offered prayer and advised him to pray about the situation.

After cafe duty, we met up with Jeremy... who had plenty of adventurous stories to share in the 3hrs he's had to himself. It is never a dull moment with Jeremy around. We decided to attend the 7pm service at The Rock. That was a powerful message and it was there that Jeremy gave his soul 100% to Jesus Christ during alter call. I informed him that he made an amazing choice and a life changing decision. GOD our Father promises: "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." (Deut. 31:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment