Thursday, July 9, 2009

Faith...

In my own walk with the Lord I am always encouraged when I hear stories of GOD's faithfulness. I have learned to not hold tight to the blessings I have experienced but to share them so others can be encouraged.
It still amazes me that the GOD who created this earth, hears my prayers and is so faithful to answer them! His timing is always so perfect. This week has been a little tough for us (financially). Beau's work has slowed down, as it does sometimes, especially during the summer.
Driving home from work yesterday I started to feel anxious and worried about how we are going to cover our bills and still be able to buy the food needed for Friday. I started praying and giving my fear and worries over to Him. I told the Lord that I am just going to decide to trust Him.
One of my biggest struggles is really trusting that GOD will take care of our needs and resting in that promise. I am such a "fixer" and often feel as though I have to take care of everything on my own.
I came home to find a card from my Aunt. She is one of the most giving and encouraging people I know. Enclosed in the envelope was a gift card for Costco. This will help us to purchase the food that we need! Lesson Learned!
Through this ministry and other areas of my life I am truly learning to rely on the Lord and it is Awesome...

Luke 12:26-28
If you then are not able to do the least, why are you anxious for the rest? Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then GOD so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith?

Thank you all for reading!
GOD bless you,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment