Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Praise Report! (Monday)

Having been bothered by the knowledge I learned yesterday morning, I came home during my lunch break. I found a detox center in Costa Mesa that was willing to help us out. First Step House of Orange County. I explained to the director that I would be coming from San Diego and he said that under normal circumstances they don't hold spots for anybody, but considering our desperation he would hold an open bed for Jeremy.

It was another slow day at work, so my boss let me off early... Amanda and I went to PB in search of Jeremy and luckily found him. It was heart breaking to see that he was pretty intoxicated. He was very willing to go with us. We arrive at the "Charle House" (as it's known by locals) and we meet with Mike, the director. Mike told us that after I had hung up with him 4hrs earlier, he turned down 7 other men for Jeremy's spot. It's a 10day detox, using no medications (if something should happen and medicine is needed, paramedics are literally 2 blocks away), they provide 3 hot meals each day, showers anytime you like, closet full of clothes to choose from as needed. Mike just so happens to share the same faith in Jesus as us. Mike encouraged Amanda and I to keep doing the good works. If the detox process is successful, Jeremy will be placed in a Sober Living Home, should he choose to do so. All of this is 100% FREE OF CHARGE!!!!! I couldn't help but shed a few tears of joy as my mind was soaking all of this in.

Please I urge those of you to keep this in your prayers. Thank you!

1 comment: