Friday, July 10, 2009

Week 11

An early night it was.... an early night indeed, but nothing short of remarkable encounters.

Tonight's team consisted of myself, Amanda, Joey, and our friend Jerrica (from home fellowship). It was a real blessing having Jerrica join us for the evening. She was kind enough to bake brownies for the ministry.... and they were a big hit!

Of course tonight had the usual crowd. It's nice to know they'll be there waiting for us, completely willing to help unload the truck and set up before we get started.

Being that it's now summer time, alot more tourists are passing by and stopping to grab a free meal while on vacation. It's neat to briefly hear something about them. It never fails that they all ask why. "Why are you doing such nice things?" I love that it gives me the opportunity to share GOD's love and grace with so many people.

There was this young man that's attended our feeds in the past and tonight he seemed very troubled. He asked me to the side because he wanted to just talk. He claims that he's accepted Jesus into his heart but yet feels nothing, and is so overwhemled with this world beating him down. I asked if he had a bible. What he had was a small, old, torn up portion of the New Testament. I coincidentally happened to have an extra bible handy which he gladly accepted as a gift. We spoke alone for a good 15 minutes. He began to open up and weep. It was sad to see all the hurt bottled inside him pouring out. I encouraged him to lift all his pain to Jesus. We finished our conversation properly with prayer. I'll be picking Alexis up for church this Sunday, Lord willing.

The food went faster then normal tonight. We met with tons of people. One of our guests enjoying a free meal, was very equipped with biblical knowledge. I was stunned when he started spitting scripture, word-for-word. This guy carries around a taranchula and claims to use it as a tool to witness.

I had the opportunity to share some differances in beliefs between Catholicism & Christianity. It seems as though I had a bigger audience than I realized because others started asking me more questions. It's an undescribably awesome feeling knowing that people are interested in hearing what the bible has to say.

A true miracle happened tonight.... Amanda actually allowed a taranchula to crawl on her arm. (Jerrica took pix, woo-hoo!)

Needless to say, tonight was another great night.
Praise Almighty Jehovah!

No comments:

Post a Comment