Friday, June 19, 2009

Amazing Grace ~ Week 6

Amanda, Teri, Jason and Joey all came. For whatever reasons, both Amanda and Teri made an additional portion of their tasty meals. It was a great thing they did! Funny how we hear that little voice telling us to do something and when we obey, it fits like a puzzle.

We arrive, set up, and people start to line up. This was the biggest gathering yet! All the smiling familiar faces pass down the makeline and I notice Andy is back. I asked him a simple "How are you?" and his half smile turned into sorrow & brokenness, fighting back tears. He had been drinking and explained that his life was big mess. The Holy Spirit came down upon me that very moment and I boldly told him that he needs to accept Jesus into his heart. That is the only true way to find peace and everlasting comfort. The comfort from any bottle is only temporary and Jesus wants to take all his burdens away. Andy gave his heart to GOD right then, I mean literally right then. I couldn't even set the plate down before he asked me how to pray to receieve Him. I fought back tears of joy that night.

We met a Vietnam vet who was shot and injured 3 differant tours. He is a man of GOD and read scripture to us from the very bible he held onto during his tours in the Vietnam war. It was an honor to have met SSGT George. I saluted and prayed with him before he went on his way to enjoy his dinner.

We spent alot of time with our new friends and I invited them to Saturday night service at our home church, Horizon Christian Fellowship. I agreed to come down the following day and pick them up at 4pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment