Friday, June 19, 2009

The process...

I can't describe how incredible GOD really is to an unbeliever. My goal is to share the mighty wonders that I've experienced on this journey, in hopes that the readers can get a better glimpse of who GOD is, how He provides, and that GOD is real and wants a personal relationship with all of His children.

(Please note that I have started off writing this blog in past tense. I wish that I had started it from day 1, so read on, catch up, and follow along.)

The LORD tugged at my heart one morning during prayer and reminded me that "Faith without works is dead." (James 2:26) My wife and I both share this passion and knew we should do something to help the needy in our area.

How can we do this though? We decided to start cooking hot, home-cooked meals for the homeless in Pacific Beach on Friday nights and simply share GOD's love with everyone we encounter. Spaghetti goes along way, so we took a trip to Costco, filled our basket with the necessities. While in line, my wife calculated the cost in her head, what this would cost in order for this to continue.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Dear Friends, Beau & Amanda ! One of my P.B. friends shared with me yesterday at Mission Bay Park You will be ending your 2 Fridays a Month Ministry at the Clairmont Rec. Center. By Gods perfect timing, Tresha S. might be interested in serving the needy at that location possibily more than 2 times a month. She is a regular Ministry ( So Others May Eat ) serving the needy close to Mariners Point Park by Mission Beach rollercoaster. She lost her location at Mary's By The Sea Church in La Jolla recently. You can visit her on Facebook to see the work she does. You will Love her, she is a power-house and a local Gal whos knows the challenges of outreach schedualing. Pat and Don Don will be there next month they say. I hope I can come to your last event cause I was at the first day when you came to the Pier and shared Gods Love and Blessing so all of us may know Him was wonderful and endearing so much gratitude and praise for your Devinely Shared Love for Our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ ! You really really gave me a new hope with renewed faith. My spirit and body and soul were praying for each and every day some way out of the state of hopelessness, with no one to Love, or to receive Love even from God ! Sincerely, You Friend, Stephen O. (aka, HOLLYWOOD ) !P.S. you can "friend me on Facebook as well as Tresha S.

    ReplyDelete