Friday, June 19, 2009

Growing ~ Week 3

This time we knew our friends were spreading the word and they realized that they can depend on us to be there for them.

The LORD put it on Teri's heart to contribute to this ministry and blessed us with her Chicken Alfredo and some cookies for dessert. I admit this was something extra that I certainly wasn't expecting, but I thank JESUS for her heart. Jen joined us again and so we now had a choice to offer our new friends, either spaghetti & meatballs or chicken alfredo. Our friends loved this idea and still can't believe that this kindness exists.

I met a man named Joshua, who from his exterior, might be one that would cause others to cross the street for their own good. At first Joshua seemed very hardened, but slowly began to open up towards our love pouring out on him. Joshua does not shake hands, which I respect but do find odd. He thanked us for his meal and we told him that it's because of GOD's love that we're able to do it and He should get the thanks, not us.

I spoke to many drunk people this night. It was very sad to come face to face with such pain. I shared the Truth with everyone that gave me the time to sit with them, but obviously we had an unwanted spiritual visitor fighting against us that night. About 6 differant people all told me that they believe GOD is what the individual wants GOD to be, whether it's sand on the beach, themself, a plam tree, etc. I honestly felt somewhat defeated at first, but then I was encouraged by the Holy Spirit to just pray more, and pray harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment