Friday, June 19, 2009

The word ~ Week 4

During mid week studies at C&V, I was able to get bibles donated from the pastor at out church because the men want to know more about the word. I'll be grabbing them as I need them. I'm trusting The LORD will direct that department.

Teri was able to get her husband, my friend, Jason to join us. A friend I had met through church, named Joey wanted to participate as well. It was nice to have some other men join the team. Joey is very theologically equipped and it's great having him at my side ministering to others.

Awaiting our usual spot sat, Steven. A very likeable guy who resembles Richard Gere. He questioned some things he didn't quite understand, and I was able to share some input from what little I do know about GOD and the way he works in today's society. I shared with him the story of Lazarus and GOD's timing is not our timing but it always works out for His glory. I gave him a new bible and his excitement filled me with joy. I like Steven.

Teri ministered to an older woman with a broken soul from many years of abuse. She suffers from emotional pain. This woman was hestitant on accepting anything from us because she explained that alot of people do "bad things" to the food they offer the homeless. We prayed with her and eventually she accepted the meal.

Two drifters from Arizona, Jeremy & Andy, walked into our lives. Andy had never seen the ocean and was excited to be in San Diego. They came here in hopes of finding work and starting a new life. These guys are great guys!! Polite, friendly, respectful... the kind of guys you meet and feel like you've already known them for years.

It was about 10pm when the food was gone. Walking to our truck, we ran into Carl. He's an older man, loves The LORD and is somewhat stand-offish from the rest of the regular guys down there. He keeps to himself and is another very respectful gentleman, calls my wife ma'am. Anybody that respects my wife like that is okay in my book. Carl seemed very lonely this night and wanted somebody to talk to, so my wife and I hung out with him for another 1.5hour. He played us a blues tune from his harmonica and it moved my soul. He explained that he once had a fantastic set but somebody stole it while he was asleep. It would be nice to one day bless him with a replacement just as nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment