Saturday, June 20, 2009

Week 6 (Saturday)

The following day I get there on time and see Andy sitting alone. He told me that he hasn't even had a desire to drink any alcohol the entire day. Praise The LORD!!!

Jeremy wanted to go to church too and tried to stay sober, but around 2pm he took a drink of vodka and started having with drawls causing him to have seizures. Jeremy was taken by ambulance to the local hospital. Amanda met me and the 4 guys at church. After service I took the guys back to PB and Amanda called the hospital to check on Jeremy, leaving our contact # for any emergency. Around 11pm my cell phone rings. Jeremy was being released from the hospital after hours of detoxification and rehydration in a city he knows nothing about. We picked him up and drove back to PB, spending 30 minutes helping him find Andy before we just left him there alone. Before we drove away Jeremy said he wanted to come to church. I said I'd be back in the morning to pick him up if he wanted to go so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment