Saturday, June 20, 2009

The battle begins ~ Week 7

I have a favorite song titled "The battle belongs to The LORD!!"
This week was our first real encounter with spiritual warfare. Good news is GOD always wins.

A local resident in the condos behind our spot called the police to complain. The woman came downstairs and started degrading our friends with no shame what-so-ever. We tried explaining to her why we are there as the cops pull up in their cars. She claimed that she pays a very high price to live there and "the sight of such people is an eyesore" to her. The police asked us to pack up and leave. I respectfully declined and told them I'm not breaking any laws and I'm doing what the Bible tells me to do, which is Love Thy Neighbors. The cops realized I wasn't going anywhere and asked if we could at least take our gathering down to the beach sand. I agreed for the sake of respect for our police department. I told the officers that I support them and what they have to do. One of the officers is a brother in The LORD and encouraged me to keep up the good work and hinted that maybe one day he'd even join us in serving. I think the biggest impact was on our new friends who saw us stand up for their sake. The police informed me that people have called City Counsel on our gatherings because it's been a re-occuring thing. I rejoiced inside and told the officers PRAISE THE LORD! "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5:10)

I encouraged our team to pray for that lady and the rest of the people like her, who place themselves higher than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment